Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Online Video

OK, I'm going a little out of order here but I'm doing my post about Online Video now. Yup - AFTER podcasts. That's the way I roll.

Anyway, yes, online video is a nifty thing. There's been talk about recording storytime (as i think i mentioned in next weeks task on podcasts..oh wait..) and hosting it somewhere so people can watch it from home if they cant make it in. Whatever gets me more exposure I say! (I do storytime at Success once a week)

Er..anyway, I do watch a lot of online video - mostly (to be totally unexpected here) comic video shows. Yes, shocking I know. Revision 3 is a site that produces a lot of Internet TV shows of very high production values - check em out. The best of these is actually no longer a part of revision 3 but iFanboy is a podcast and videocast (or vodcast if you're cool and in the know ;) ) which I've been watching/listening to for around 4 or 5 years now.

Argh. I apparently cant figure out how to start typing again after the embedded video so I'll leave it till the end of the post. Embedded video of library events of any type, authors reading excerpts from their books (Neil Gaiman is doing a tour of the US at the moment and at each stop he's reading a chapter from the Graveyard Book which is then being uploaded to the net) and other book related events would be the first step I'd take in using online video. And now I'm all motivated, darnit.




Hey whaddaya know, i figured out how to do it after all. (hint - 'edit html' rather than 'compose' tends to work fairly nicely.) Oh by the way, I haven't actuallyw atched the above episode. Normally its pretty SFW but they can be known to drop a little language from time to time so be warned.

Edit..AAANNND Its messed my page up. Oh well. Its widescreen people - get with the times.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michael you can change the size of the video but editing the dimensions in the html stuff i think lawley can tell how how

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like online video too :) I have found so many gems in years of surfing. For a while I was quite addicted to the "Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show" on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/show?p=LNC_YSunkRU&s=1), which is a spoof of those crazy Japanese TV shows you see now and then.

    I watched the iFanboy video you've embedded and was nicely surprised by the good quality editing. After trying to make and edit a video of my kitten, I know how time consuming these things can be.

    Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your video is merging with your librarything widget and your profile photo creating some weird 3d effect.. or maybe I've just stayed up too late

    ReplyDelete